[TowerTalk] Yaseu rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaseu rotator
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:33:23 +0000
Howdy,

  I hope someone here has experience with the little G-450XL Yaesu rotor.
I have been having problems with mine.
Had it down for a while and checked it out the other day and it worked fine on
the bench. Reinstalled it and it worked fine for a while.After several
rotations,
it quit again in the same manner as before. The previous problem was
thought to be a bad cable. I repaired the cable and as I said above, the
rotator worked.

  What it is doing now, as was the last time, when you press either the
right or left direction
switch, it sorta hangs there and then the indicator just takes off and runs
full scale around
the face of the dial...BUT, the rotator does not move.

I really am at a loss as to what is wrong. I have spoken to some rotator repair
shops but no one except Yaesu works on these.

If you have an idea of what the problem might be, please e-mail direct to
k5iid@ntelos.net.

A friend has a Yaesy 800 rotor, and we are wondering if his 800 controller
would work on mine just to eliminate that part.  I know they are definately
different,but would it be a possibility to use it for troubleshooting?

Thanks for listening...
73, Tom K5IID

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----