Re: [TowerTalk] Calculating CableLoss With Wattmeter HELP

To: sarky <sarky@raycon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Calculating CableLoss With Wattmeter HELP
From: Fred Roberts <w6tkv@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:50:03 -0800
Sarky-

If you put the Bird Wattmeter between the PSG Power Source and the
cable, and then measure forward power, P1.  Then move the Bird to the
end of the coax but before the load, and measure forward power, P2.
Then P1-P2 = Power Loss.

As you have described your procedure, it sounds like you are measuring
Forward Power and Reflected Power (zero), hence all forward and no
reflected or SWR=1:1.

Hope this helps.

73-
Fred, W6TKV