Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 00:14:18 -0700
Hmm... my Teflon coated frying pan doesn't seem to have any problem with heat. Maybe the temp is lower but I doubt it, given that the element it sits on is red hot.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Jack Berry wrote:

Is the Teflon necessary at HF? I know it gets damage from misplaced heat
pretty easily. Phenolic is rugged and seems to last a long time. Are there
good reasons to go with Teflon over phenolic?

Jack - WE5ST