[TowerTalk] T500

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T500
From: "Rusty Richards" <rwb9fiu@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:19:26 -0400
Gene,Paul,,Dave,and any others i may have missed.
Thanks for the quick and insightful replies. Lots of good ideas there. I am
amazed at how quickly i got answers.
The log periodic i mentioned would be one for 2m and above so i dont think it
would be all that big. I will have to do some more research into it. I dont
want to overload the tower and risk the whole setup.
I have another tower,a Rohn HBX 56',that i plan to put up with a 2 el 40 meter
beam(Hygain Discoverer 7-2) on. (the log periodic may end up  going above the
hygain antenna if i can keep the total at or under 10 sq ft. )That project will
wait until i get the SteppIR up on the Trylon.
I like the idea of setting the rotor at the top of the second section. I also
like the idea of a mast clamp between the rotor and the bearing to help during
antenna and mast raising. Paul,i may have to mail you off the list to get a
better idea of your eyebolt setup(i am a picture guy,hard to visualize exactly
how you did it)
I will take all of these good ideas and use them.
And Paul,you mentioned the 24'x2"x1/4" chromolly steel mast.Seems like that is
the most common type of mast that i have noticed on these types of
installations. Where can i find something along those lines? I'd hate to go
cheap on the mast and end up with a disaster.
I have at least 2 months to wait for the SteppIR,so i can take my time and ask
good questions and get good answers at an unrushed pace.
Thanks again

Rusty Richards
rwb9fiu@earthlink.net