Re: [TowerTalk] Motorizing a TX-472

To: Paul Playford <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Motorizing a TX-472
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:13:11 -0400
Has anyone ever motorized the tilt-over winch on an LM-470 or similar tower? If so, I'd be interested in knowing how you did it. I know a friend of mine once fabricated his own tilt tower that was perfectly balanced around the pivot points so that he could tilt it by just manually pulling up on the base and pushing it into a horizontal position. Maybe counter weighting the LM-470 so it was more balanced might allow a motorized winch to do the same thing easily. Just curious what you mechanical gurus have done on this front.

73, Joe

Paul Playford wrote:

KI7NF wrote an article "Motorizing Your Crank-up Tower Isn't Difficult"
which appears to be exactly what you want.

Sorry, I do not know which magazine it was published in or the year (maybe
1997).  All I have is it starts on page 151.

Perhaps a google search will lead to where the info may be found on the web.
The .TIF files come to a little over 4 Mb and if necessary I can email them
to you as attachments.

de Paul, W8AEF

The .TIF images come to about 4Mb so
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Bookwalter" <n8dcj@yahoo.com>