Re: [TowerTalk] Calc's for UST HDX 589 and 572

To: Rich Hallman - N7TR <rich@n7tr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Calc's for UST HDX 589 and 572
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:21:34 -0700
I tried for 3 months to get IBC-2000 90 MPH wind calcs from them for any of their self supporting towers. They sent me UBC-97 70 MPH wind calcs that were not acceptable by my bldg dept.
They do not have a PE on staff. they out source all their PE stuff out to a outside engineering company who doesn't seem to want to try to convert UBC-97 requirements to the newer IBC-2000 specs.
I went to Heights towers instead.

Rich Hallman - N7TR wrote:

Looking for anyone on the list who has obtained 85 MPH "C" calcs for the
HDX-589 and 572 Towers?

Have been requesting info from US Towers for a few weeks, but their
engineers must be busy as I have not received any updates as of yet.

Thanks....
Rich

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com