Re: [TowerTalk] Location of remote antenna switch

To: Craig Sande <craig.sande@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Location of remote antenna switch
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:03:32 -0400

Craig Sande wrote:

I would like to feed several antennas on a crank-up tower. Where is the best location for a remote antenna switch, at the base or top of the tower?

Mine is located about 12 feet below the top of the tower. It is located where the minimum lengths of coax are required to reach the feed points on my 80 meter, center fed, half wave slopers. The tri-bander, 6-meter yagi as well as the 144 and 440 arrays are all on their own feed lines.

It's nearly a 90 foot climb, but I probably do that on an average of once a week even at my age.

I go up on top (100 feet) just to shoot photos of the sunsets.

Roger Halstead (K8RI ARRL Life Member) Worlds Oldest Debonair (N833R S# CD-2) www.rogerhalstead.com