[TowerTalk] New Member - Need help with an antenna design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Member - Need help with an antenna design
From: Tim Holmes <W8TAH@Zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:06:02 -0400
Hi Folks

I'm trying to put some work into my antenna system before winter really gets going, and I am looking to redsign my multi-band dipole. I am strongly considering a fan type dipole cut for the center of the General band on 80, 40, 20, 15, 10. I use and IC706MKIIG, and have LDG AT11mp (I think) auto tuner.

The antenna will be hung roughtly north south at about 30 feet, and will have a 20 degree dogleg to the west in the north half.

I realize that a dipole is nowhere as good as a beam etc, but I cant put up a beam, and I can put up a dipole, so I need some suggestions, or links to plans etc.

Thanks for your time

Tim Holmes
Amateur Extra Operator
W8TAH