Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower limit switches

To: Charles Johnson <k4zrj@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower limit switches
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:21:08 -0500
The limit switches used are sold at electrical wholesale counters. They are heavy duty outside limit switches used in industrial applications. Nothing fancy. I'm sure someone on the list has the make and model number for you. I'm at work and don't have the info here...

The clearance between the mounting bolts and the bottom tower section is very tight be careful to mount the bolt head on the inside of the tower so that the threaded end protrudes outward away from the sliding tower section. I've seen guys do it the other way and watched the moving tower section shear off the bolts as it was cranked upward (it makes a mess and scares the hell out of the tower operator).

73,
dave
wa3gin

Charles Johnson wrote:

Can anyone that has a Tri-Ex motorized tower tell me what brand and model number the limit switches are? I aquired a used motorized Tri-Ex tower, but only the motor came with it, no control box, no limit switches, no wiring. I know that I can buy all this stuff as a package, but its big bucks, so I'm trying to find all the parts like limit switches, etc and I'll design and build my own controls.

Thanks in advance. 73, Charles, K4ZRJ