Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4Square Comtek box

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m 4Square Comtek box
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:24:25 -0600
"I cringe every time there's some neat construction project idea in QEX or
QST and it starts out with "so I used this XYZ that I found at a hamfest 20
years ago".  Scrounging is great, but if you want new people to come into
the hobby and participate in the technical side, you need to provide a way
for them to do it without having to build everything themselves or spend
countless hours in surplus shops and hamfests.  I'll note that many of these
things are not available commercially at any price."

Ditto that.
I don't have a "junk box" because I'm of the opinion that if I haven't seen it
or used it in a year I don't need it. I've been in a few hamshacks that would take a week
with a skid-steer to clean out.

Back on subject:

What are the differences between the Comtek box and the one done by WXØB @ Array Solutions?

R. Kevin Stover, ACØH