Re: [TowerTalk] House Bracket

To: dunenomad@widomaker.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House Bracket
From: "R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:36:32 -0600
Hi Bill.

We used one when we built my fathers garage rooftop tower. The garage joins the house on one end and the bracket is bolted to the house there. In his case the bracket attached to the house about 9' above the base and about 12' below the top of the tower. The peak of the 12/12 pitch roof splits the tower. The tower is also guyed from the top to the roof in three directions. The only thing I'd tell someone planning on using one is NOT to use the bracket to bring the tower into plumb.

I'm not sure but don't think using the bracket raises the max un-guyed length of 25G. I could be wrong.

Good Luck.

R. Kevin Stover, ACØH