[TowerTalk] Next step in installing tower: underground power

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Next step in installing tower: underground power
From: chris <chris@fite.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 19:20:34 -0500
Now that I have the excavation for the base completed, the next step is underway. I am digging the trench to have my electric service drop put underground. This will prevent anything that may fall from the tower from falling into the power lines.

Although the trench is not very wide, the 30 inches of required depth makes for a lot of work to dig. I consider this to be another cost of erecting a tower.
--
Chris, K4AY

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.