Re: [TowerTalk] The other side of the story

To: keith@dutson.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The other side of the story
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:01:05 -0500
Folks,

All banishing aside.

K7LXC has been the guy that set up this reflector. Some may say out of good will others will say
as a opportunistic business man. No matter.

As I see it the problem for K7LXC is that he has to moderate the reflector and any time
he takes action he is going to look as if he is acting with bias (to some). Those he is taken action with will
cry out dictatorship, bias, and that their first amendment rights are being trampled. There is no way around it.

However, if K7LXC would remove himself from the list and appoint a moderator then much of the concerns voiced over the past week or so would have no basis regardless if some view them as fiction or fact. It's sad that K7LXC should have to withdraw from the reflector and some will
say he shouldn't have to withdraw, etc.

OR

Perhaps folks should be required to opt-in to the reflector with the understanding that it's not a democratic environment and they can take it or leave it. In this
way folks won't be so thin skinned when they see K7LXC take action with regard to a user or abuser of the service.

Just some ideas please don't waste your time flaming about them. I've gotten very good at using the delete key.

Had this issue not been voiced on this reflector we'd all be talking nice to each other rather then inviting each other
to quit the reflector. Can't we allow each other to hold and have our personal opinions and yet still agree as a group that we love this hobby?

Can we move on now and get back to Ham Radio stuff?

73,
dave
wa3gin

p.s. I don't know one company that hasn't had a bad customer experience along the way. That's why they invented customer service!

Keith Dutson wrote:

I think there are many of us that would also like for you to unsub from this
list.  Makes perfect sense if you are banishing Champion and see a
relationship.

Keith NM5G