Re: [TowerTalk] Frozen Rotor

To: MIKE GREENWAY <K4PI@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Frozen Rotor
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:21:32 -0500
Sounds good to me. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

73, Joe

MIKE GREENWAY wrote:

To prevent any icing in the tower tube I use a rubber plumbing transition
that has a 2 inch diameter hole on one end and maybe 4 inch or so on the
other.  With 2 inch end on the mast with a hose clamp the 4 inch end easily
covers up the tower opening.  The whole length of the assembly is around 6
to 8 inches.  These can be found in the plumbing department of Home Depot or
Lowes.  It is nicer to place the assembly on the mast during initial
installation but it can be done afterwards by just cutting lengthwise,
installing and seal the cut with some silicone sealant..  HD and Lowes  may
carry larger rubber transitions but I have never looked.  73 Mike K4PI

----- Original Message ----- From: "K8RI on Tower Talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>