Re: [TowerTalk] 10 Meter Beams - Any IDEAS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10 Meter Beams - Any IDEAS
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:54:19 -0600
I would not recommend feeding an HF quad with vertical polarization. If
you do that, the antenna pattern is no longer reinforced by ground
reflections, and you end up with something that has less than free space
gain.  If you have a UHF antenna that is far enough above ground to not
care about ground reflections, then maybe it doesn't matter.

Jerry, K4SAV