Re: [TowerTalk] Need Idea's on what Hardware to use to bring in COaxand

To: "Rob @ Peg Pohorence" <mcyman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Idea's on what Hardware to use to bring in COaxand Grounds
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:29:05 -0500
Some thoughts on this:

Do you have a basement?  How about vents in the basement walls?  You
could replace a vent with a panel that has feed-throughs for coax and
control lines.  You can then run the lines up through the floor
utilizing heating vents or drilling holes [after pulling back the
carpeting, if necessary].[This is my plan for my new place]

No basement?  How about windows?  You can replace a window pane with
Lexan, and mount the feed-throughs in it [used this idea from 1979-2004
at my old place in Indiana - it worked excellently for all 25 years!]

No basement?  No shack window near the rig?  How about installing a
clothes-dryer-vent [or a PVC pipe that pretends to be one] in the wall
near the rig, and running the lines through it.  You can then put steel
wool and insulation in the vent pipe to keep out the critters and cold
air.  [used that idea more than 25 years ago in Ohio]

Where there is a will [not you, Matney] .. there's a way!

Don
N8DE