Re: [TowerTalk] Community Ordinances

To: AD5VJ Bob <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Community Ordinances
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:35:04 -0600
Bob:

I would ask your Realtor for a copy of the abstract of the property you
are considering.  That will help some, then you may need to get a copy
of the entire subdivision plat just to make sure.  Any deed restrictions
are usually filed with the plat and on the deed abstract for the
particular property.  When I bought the QTH where my XYL Cheryl (WY5H)
and I live I told my Realtor I wanted a copy of the abstract.  We did go
ahead and put down money on  the house, with the proviso in the contract
that there were no deed restrictions, restrictive covenants, no active
homeowner's association, etc. prohibiting the construction of a ham
radio tower and antenna.

Tarrant Appraisal District web site.
http:www.tad.org

go to the TAD website,  click on property data search, enter either the
name of the property owner or the address and click search .  The TAD
information will give you (in addition to the property owner) the last
deed of sale date, deed volume, and page in the county clerk's office.
 You'll need that to assist in ordering the abstract from the clerk's
office.

Tarrant County Clerk's web site
http://www.tarrantcounty.com/ecountyclerk/cwp/browse.asp?a=735&bc=0&c=43530&ecountyclerkNav=|7056|

This will give you the necessary information about ordering an abstract and

also http://www.tarrantcounty.com/ecountyclerk/cwp/view.asp?A=735&Q=427227
for researching subdivision plats, etc.

The "Hills of Briar Oaks" search shows to be located at 9001 Jacksboro
Highway in Fort Worth, but several such businesses show the same
business address so this may just be an office location.

Tom, WW5L
Colleyville TX (NE of Fort Worth)