Re: [TowerTalk] V antenna?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] V antenna?
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:25:56 -0500
If it were my property and trees and assuming the trees are generally in
a north/south plane I would first consider using an 80 meter half
square, and alternately one or two delta loops, apex up fed 1/4 wave
down one leg.  Any of these antennas will give you a generally low take
off angle, better for dx.

If you are wanting a rag chew antenna then the dipole is a good choice
or a rectangular loop between the two trees as high up as you can get it
fed in the center of the bottom horizontal leg.  make the loop a full
wave on 160 and you will have a really nice 80 meter antenna.  73 bob de
w9ge