[TowerTalk] 40M Element Tri-Band Addition Performance?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M Element Tri-Band Addition Performance?
From: "Mark Adams, PE" <msadams@buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:38:50 -0500
Hi Gang,

My TX-455 will be raised this weekend as a support for my 80M delta loop as I have not purchased an HF beam yet. The question is: How does the 40M element add-on of either the F12 C4 or Hy-Gain Exp 14 perform relative to a standard wire antenna on 40 for which you have some experience. On 40M, my main interest is CW QRP, Sweepstakes and some DX. Once the tower is up, my wire 40M antenna choices would be a delta loop (apex up, corner or center bottom fed), dipole, 560' square loop, etc. The beam will be up 57' +/-. The wire top elevation would then be about 50' +/-. I have 50'-70' trees lines 130' east of the tower and 180' south of the tower Your thoughts?

73,
Mark K2QO/r