Re: [TowerTalk] Any BN-86 Balun Replacement Suggestions?

To: ve3gsi@canada.com, TowerTalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Any BN-86 Balun Replacement Suggestions?
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

I have replaced the BN-86 with a 1:1 balun from Radio Works.  Worked OK.  I
think it was rated at 4 KW.  Typical SWR curve after replacement.  Just used
hose clamps to attach it to the boom.

You could also use about 10 turns of RG-8 (or what ever type) in a 10" circle.
I have done that in the past too and works OK.

The DX Engineering baluns should be fine.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?