[TowerTalk] Jungle forest attenuation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Jungle forest attenuation
From: Olivier F5MZN <olecam@f5mzn.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:31:58 +0200
Hi -

I wonder if someone has any experiences on tree attenuation caused by
jungle trees on short waves below 30 MHz for horizontal antennas. I
googled a bit but without too much success because most of the
informations are relative to higher bands.

Actually, we are planning to add a new tower in our contest QTH which
might not be located in a clear environment, especially for the Europe
path where there is a small but dense forest (500-meter long) in the
near field. Trees are about 15-meter high but the tower and antennas
will be well above. You can have an idea on the trees with this picture:
http://www.fy5ke.org/gallery/PICT0255.JPG

How important could be the attenuation?

Thanks in anticipation
--