Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning a high carbon steel mast

To: "Terry Gerdes" <terry@ab5k.net>, towerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pinning a high carbon steel mast
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:06:57 -0400
Don't even think about using a cordless drill (I tried!)
I drilled mine on the tower using a drill attached to AC mains via 2 -
 100 ft extension cords with a carbide bit and cutting oil.  You may
want to use masking tape around where your thrust bearing to prevent
any metal shavings from getting in the track.
73,
Barry