Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical Pattern of a yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical Pattern of a yagi
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:24:41 -0500
EZNEC does display the pattern in free space, but it also gives the
pattern over ground (of any characteristics) at any height, but only for
flat ground.  EZNEC cannot handle arbitrary terrains.  For this you need
HFTA. However HFTA cannot handle arbitrary antenna designs.  HFTA works
with single half wave elements or multiples thereof (2, 3, 4, etc...
element yagis, or stacks).

So you need both.

Jerry, K4SAV