Re: [TowerTalk] self-supporting rohn 25g??

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] self-supporting rohn 25g??
From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:57:47 -0500
I wouldn't build on a guess if that tower is placed where it might fall
on something valuable.  It isn't very difficult to calculate dimensions
for a base that will resist a specified overturning moment.  The simple
calculations assume poor soil characteristics and other simplifications
and result in a conservative design.

73 de WOØW