[TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......

To: Robin Midgett <K4IDC@Comcast.net>,TTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Self Support Chart Says.......
From: Dave Fuller <rfcdma@spinn.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:17:19 -0600
I have the Rohn Chart that shows RH-25 can self support 1.5 sq.ft of
windload at 70 MPH with no ice.
For 90 MPH is self supports 1.7 sq. ft 30 feet of height (no ICE).  The
specs are for 3 - 5/8 feedlines and round antenna members.

If I were doing this and had to climb it,  I would install temporary
rope guys and climb in no wind conditions.

20 ft of RH-25 will self support 6.9 sq feet of antenna at 90 mph.   I
am really comfortable putting up RH-25 sections with a Gin pole 2 or 3
sections above the temporary guys but not more... so this fits what I
feel is safe when I am on the tower.

-Dave NN5K