[TowerTalk] Hy Gain end caps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy Gain end caps
From: w8zn@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 01:47:47 +0000 (UTC)
Hi all,

I just purchased a new TH7 and some replacement parts for two others. Both the
new antenna and the replacements came with red Caplugs instead of the normal
black UV resistant type for the 2" boom covers. Does anyone have any experience
with the longevity of these out in the sun? I've used these in the past and get
about a year from them before they bleach out to white, split and fall off.
Given these keep critters and other undesireables out of the boom, I'm a bit
concerned with the amount of work involved in putting these up. The elements
have blue ones which I have no experience with, any help????

Terry