Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire impedance

To: BenT <bthorson@4smps.com>, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire impedance
From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:44:14 -0500
Hi, Ben and TTs;

Aluminum may fare better than copper in acidic ground but alkaline
ground will corrode aluminum.  Jim Lux raises an interesting suggestion
regarding sacrificial electrodes that might be generally useful where
the ground is strongly acidic or alkaline.  I hope to hear more about
that, and may turn to the books for some factual information.  Regarding
connections, one must use appropriate connectors and conductive
anti-corrosion compound, just as when making any clamped connection, be
it for copper, aluminum, iron, or any other metal exposed to the outdoor
environment or weld or braze the connections.

73 de WOØW