[TowerTalk] 3-Stack Tribander Issues

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3-Stack Tribander Issues
From: "Richard W. Ehrhorn \(W0ID\)" <w4eto@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:26:20 -0500
Bill, you should drop a line to cqtestk4xs@aol.com . I corresponded with Bill
(K4XS/KH7XS) recently. Bill has been using a three-stack of M2 KT36XA's in
KH-land and is very happy with them.

My last 7 or 8 years in the Rockies as W0ID I used a stacked pair of 36XA's on
a UST 72' motorized crankup. The lower one was only about 15' above the edge of
a large metal roof, so it was far from ideal.

My M2 6el 20m (60' boom) was up 82' about 150' away, and its tower base was 10'
higher up the mountain. Even so, the stack generally was within (guestimated)
1-2 dB of the 6 el on 20. Worked great on 15 & 10 as well - no surprise.

Planning to do a 3-stack here in VA this spring (after our 23-year-record snow
finishes melting  ~{ ;-)), with that same 72' crankup sitting out in the clear
on top of a 30' fixed base. Can't wait. Will have the 6 el 20 at 120' or 140'
couple hundred feet away -- should make for a fairer comparison.

Good luck!

73,  Dick  W4ETO / W0ID