Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain BN style balun question.

To: Clint Talmadge <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain BN style balun question.
From: Charles Johnson <k4zrj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:21:26 -0400
The BN-86 and BN-4000 baluns are simply a piece of coax with the center
going to one attachment point and the shield to the other. It should
show infinite resistance between the two attachment points and between
the coax center conductor and the coax shell. It should show zero
resistance from the coax center to one of the attachment points and
likewise, zero resistance from the coax shell to the other attachment
point. My BN-4000 was faulty in manufacture (shorted coax center to
shield) and I disassembled it after Hy-Gain refused to replace it with a
new one because I had waited over a year to actually put it into use
after buying it as part of a tower project. I replaced it with a 1:1
balun from DXEngineering. Much better quality product.

73, Charles, K4ZRJ