Re: [TowerTalk] Anodized Aluminum Tower

To: Mark Beckwith <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anodized Aluminum Tower
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:10:23 -0400
The electrolysis is internal to the tower legs.
If you remove a tower bolt, you will find it is no longer cylindrical in
shape, but may even look 'coke-bottle' shaped from degredation.
On my Universal towers, I coat the bolts with silicone seal before
assembly/insertion in the tower legs to minimize damage.
Worst case condition I had was when one bolt simply became two pieces
over a 20-year period of time.  Guess I missed getting the silicone seal
on that one.
Don
N8DE