Re: [TowerTalk] Rope de Rope.....................

To: w7ce@curtiss.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rope de Rope.....................
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:17:11 -0700
Just catching up on TT posts.  4416 to go.

Clay, here's a trick I use to make it easy to replace a broken rope.

1)  Run a small rope up through the insulator and back down to ground
level again.  The rope will be twice as long as the height of the insulator.

2) Tie the ends together to form an endless loop.

3) Pull the knot up to just below the insulator.

4) Tape the dipole rope to the endless loop

5) Pull on the endless loop so that the knot comes back down and heads
up the other side.  This will pull your dipole rope up through the
insulator.  Keep pulling until the end of the dipole rope is within
reach again.

6) Untape the dipole rope from the endless loop and attach it to your
concrete block or whatever.

7) Secure the endless loop so the bottom end doesn't get blown up into
the tree branches.

8) When the dipole rope breaks you fix it and then use the endless loop
to run it up and through the insulator - no more climbing required.

Hope this is of some use to you,

73, Jim Smith   VE7FO