[TowerTalk] Questions. Was: Photodocumentary of the W4XN TowerInstallati

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Questions. Was: Photodocumentary of the W4XN TowerInstallation
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:50:29 -0400
1. I am still waiting for the contractor to come by and give me a price
for the foundation for an HDX-555. Although I know that costs can vary
from place to place, may I ask how much it cost to construct your
foundation, including excavation, building the cage, and pouring and
finishing the concrete? Mine will be smaller anyway (6.5 cu. yds.), but
the cost for yours would give me a ballpark figure.

2. I notice that the hole ended up oversize and would thus have needed
more concrete than planned. Who bore the cost of the extra concrete?

3. I notice that your base plate is not square with the hole and the
cage, as shown on US Tower's Web site. Why?

4. How hard a job was it to move the tower on those PVC rollers? How
even was that grass surface?

73

Alan NV8A