[TowerTalk] Cushcraft

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:01:54 EST
Hi Bill!

I have had a Cushcraft rotatable dipole mounted above my triband beam for two
years and it works great.   I have the 12/17/30 mtr D3W at 58 feet and it
works better than my sloper or my wire dipole at 30 feet.    And rotation does
make
a big difference rather than trying to work a station off the end of the
wires.   The
small windload with one of these dipoles is really little so they can always
be
added to a mast that has a beam and not really tax the tower or rotor much at
all.

I would recommend a small beam but if you cant put one up then pick one of the
rotatable dipoles from Cushcraft or HyGain as they are a good solution to your
problem.    Worked Eastern Europe on 17 the other day with a great report!

Good luck.

73
Mike
k0BUD