Re: [TowerTalk] ProSistel ring rotators

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "k7lxc@aol.com" <k7lxc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ProSistel ring rotators
From: "Jon Zaimes, AA1K via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2024 13:34:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Steve.
Son Adam N3TTT and I have installed a bunch of these. Pre-assemble on ground so
everything is together in two halves, including the motor. Diagram in the
manual is helpful. https://www.arraysolutions.com/pdfs/RR55-UserManual.pdf
Leave leg brackets slightly loose. Then raise and install on tower. This leaves
minimal bolting to do on the tower, just putting the U-bolts to the tower legs
and putting the two halves together. Use a couple of lanyards to loosely hang
in place while you do the bolting. Loctite recommended on the bolt threads
holding the ring together.
Toughest part is getting the nuts on the metric bolts that hold the two halves
together. Hex nut goes in tight space between the moving and fixed part of
ring. Put a piece of Scotch 33 on the end of a 10mm box wrench to hold the nut
while you slide it into place.
Use a level before tightening the leg bolts.
Only one climber needed on the tower for the install.
These are nicely machined rotors that work first time, every time. Good value
for the money.
We encountered a problem on one of these that had been installed by someone
else. It worked fine for several months but then started binding. We were
called in to de-bug and observed flat washers had been installed under several
bolt heads that were not shown in the manual. Removal of the added washers
cured the problem.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
Felton, Delaware
http://www.aa1k.us/
Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.

    On Tuesday, August 13, 2024 at 06:50:56 PM EDT, k7lxc--- via TowerTalk
<towertalk@contesting.com> wrote:

 Howdy, TowerTalkians -
     Has anyone installed one of these? How do they go together? On ground or
in air installation recommended? Once we get them anyway - hi. Cheers &
tnx,Steve      K7LXC