[TowerTalk] Mast Coating to Prevent Rust

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast Coating to Prevent Rust
From: Garry Drummond <g.drummond@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:17:07 -0500
I am putting up two 50' wooden poles with a 21' section of 2" galvanized
water pipe thru bolted to each pole to support a 135' long dipole. The
galvanized pipe is new and I want to coat it to make sure it doesn't
rust or discolor over time. I know galvanized pipe shouldn't rust but
wonder if there is any type of coating I should put on it before
erecting? Once it's up I won't be able to reach it if attention is needed.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks & 73,
Garry - WR4R