Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:12:23 -0700
Sorry, but I wasn't confusing the two points at all.  When I said
"efficient" I was referring to losses in the tuner.  You can have a high
SWR on the line and still have low losses there, but if you have a poor
design for the tuner ... especially if the transmission line length
gives a really low impedance at the shack end ... you can easily lose a
LOT of power in the tuner.  Any good piece of network software, such as
TLW that comes free with the ARRL Antenna Book, will show you that quite
clearly.

Dave   AB7E

Trent and Lorraine wrote:
> I would suppose the efficiency (?) and having a low SWR on all bands are
> again confused. I still go by the theory that multibanders in general (G5RV
> and variations thereof) radiate equally poorly in all directions. BUT and
> it's a big BUT they do get you on air on a band that you normally may not
> have room to operate on due to zoning or other space restrictions, its why
> the hobbies is fun ... Getting all these different things to works as best
> you can..
>

> Trent Sampson
> [PO Box 1647 Toowoomba Qld 4350]  VK4TI

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.