Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dipole length adjustment
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:25:19 -0500
Agreed, but there's a lot to be said for getting on all bands with one
piece wire even if the radiation pattern is not optimum for a particular
direction.  They're tough to beat for a general purpose antenna.
Obviously, if one has options for multiple antennas, phased arrays or
rotatable directional antennas, they're the way to go.

I currently use an 80M EDZ fed with balanced feed line on 40, 80 and
160M.  On 80 I get 3 dB gain broadside vs a dipole, and on 160M it is
effectively a dipole.  On 40M I use it to get omni-directional coverage,
more or less, for a weekly 40M SSB net.

73, Joe
K2XX