[TowerTalk] 75 ohm to 50 ohm connection question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 75 ohm to 50 ohm connection question
From: "Bill G. K3SV" <k3sv@pa.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:44:44 -0500
OK, maybe a dumb question, but here goes. Just moved to new qth.

For a few months I will be running in "stealth" mode until I settle into
the new neighborhood. Trying to avoid "fishing" 50 ohm coax through
walls and out the the back yard, at leasts until I have boxes empty in
the basement and I can find a logical place for the shack, and/or, panel
exit area for coax and grounding, etc.

My thought is, I have a run of RG 6 quad shield running from the current
shack location in a second floor bedroom, to a patch panel in the
basement. This run was intended for cable TV, but what the heck, it's
there and not being used. If I run from a tuner, through the RG 6, down
through the walls to the patch panel, and then more RG 6 out to an
all-band vertical antenna, what problems am I asking for? I'll be
running 100 watts or less and just trying to do some civilized operating
until I have time to assess antennas and shack locations.

Thanks for any help/comments
73 Bill K3SV