Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Coax Support Sleeve

To: Dr M J DiGirolamo <DrD@2020.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Coax Support Sleeve
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:52:54 -0400
On 03/20/07 07:31 am Dr M J DiGirolamo wrote:

>    From the top of my 72' tower I will have some 10 coax lines coursing
> downward
> from antennas.  I remember a discussion about a type of coax sleeve or holder
> that works on the Chinese-Finger design.  The sleeve is supported in the top
> coax extension arm and the weight of the coax holds and suspends it in
> position
> without overly compressing the cable.  I even recall that someone said it was
> available in a stainless steel mesh from McMaster-Carr??
>
>    Well, I've done all types of searches and cannot seem to find reference to
> the information.  Can someone help this old guy out here?

The originals are called Kellem Grips or simply Kellems, but there are
various clones around.

I have found them at Crescent Electric (not in every US state, but
locations all over the place), also at Kendall Electric, which is in MI
and IN only. I am assuming that any electrical wholesaler will have them
or will be able to order them, but you are unlikely to find them at
Lowe's or Home Despot.

The Wireman stocks some sizes:

http://thewireman.com/cablegrips.html

73