Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft balun power handling?

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft balun power handling?
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:07:32 -0500
Hello Bill!

I would recommend either a coax choke or a W0IYH bead choke for your X7.
Either of these solutions can handle the rigors of RTTY contesting without
failure and will deliver superior shield choking results. That way you do not
have to worry about the stock choke failing.

The ARRL Antenna book has designs for coax chokes that work great.

I use W0IYH bead chokes on both ends of every antenna feedline at my station.
Comtek Systems has more info on the W0IYH choke. http://www.comteksystems.com

73!
Tim K3LR