Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal tower movement at the top

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal tower movement at the top
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 09:45:29 -0700

I have exactly the same view of this situation.  Why build a redundant
support when climbing the existing support is the real issue?

I'd also lean toward the crane-on-demand solution, but I'd bet it would
take less money than $1000 or $2000 to strap a rail to the tree and
build a cage and motorized winch arrangement that a person could ride up
the tree in style and safety.  The "cage" could be just a platform with
a fence, and the winch and battery could mount to the platform so you
could control it directly.  The rail is the only thing that might
require a bit of thought.

Using a tower just doesn't make sense to me at all.

73,
Dave AB7E