Re: [TowerTalk] Yagiis

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagiis
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:43:15 -0500
HI Tom!

After 25 years with Gamma matches and Beta match feeds, the direct 50 ohm feed
(with a good choke) OWA Yagi is the only way to go.

There is no decrease in gain by using a OWA design. I have carefully modeled the
OWA vs. conventional low impedance feedpoint designs. The only draw back to the
OWA is one additional element for a given boom length (this close spaced 1st
director creates a 50 ohm feedpoint impedance for direct feeding and great VSWR
bandwidth - nothing more). The gain and F/B bandwidth are not changed by the use
of the OWA feed system design.

73!
Tim K3LR

Just finished the last of the 4 high stack of new 20 meter 6 ele OWA Yagis on 50
ft booms for 24 elements!