Re: [TowerTalk] Help in ID'ing an unusual antenna spotted....

To: WW4T@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help in ID'ing an unusual antenna spotted....
From: Phil Snyder <n9lah@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:36:36 -0500
Bob, there was a facility south of me here in Central Illinois. It had
an antenna very similar to the one you describe. It has disappeared in
the last couple of years to be replaced by a microwave antenna. I do
recall someone on one of the local contesting remailers saying that it
was used for propagation experiments associated with the University of
Illinois which  lies just to the SE of the site.

I will look for the picture and send you one to see if it is the same
thing due to attachments being stripped for the reflector.

Phil
N9LAH