Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Deed _protection_ for antennas using CC&R's
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:43:06 -0400
On 06/30/07 03:36 pm Tom Osborne wrote:

>> But the sellers could still claim -- but cannot prove -- that their
>> homes would have sold at a higher price if it were not for your tower.
>>
>> There is no way of *proving* either assertion because it is impossible
>> to compare the results of selling the same property to the same
>> purchaser on the same day when your tower is there and when it isn't.

> Where does it end???
>
> My neighbors house next door is for sale.  Should I take my tower and
> antennas down so they could possiblty get more for it.  Could my neighbors
> get more for their house if I maybe, painted MY house (even though it don't
> need it) and put on a new roof.  Maybe re-sodded the lawn and planted a nice
> new one.  Or, maybe I could put some flowers along the road.  Also I could
> sell my RV so that there wouldn't be an 'unsightly' RV in my driveway.  Or
> maybe tear down the shop I have behind my house??

But that's why "we" have Homeowners' Associations -- to prohibit such
nefarious activities as changing my car's wiper blades while it is
standing in the driveway, allowing the kids to use sidewalk chalk for
its intended purpose, painting one's house the same color as the
original when all the others have changed color due to fading, or flying
the US flag. I'm not making these up: these are all cases where
Homeowners' Associations have sought to take legal action against
"violators" --- and in some cases costing the "violators" a packet of money.

73

Alan NV8A