Re: [TowerTalk] Top loading HF-6V for 160

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Top loading HF-6V for 160
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:12:57 -0700

4nec2 can probably do the optimization.  If you can write algebraic
equations for the parameters in a NEC description in terms of a few
symbols, it can optimize..

For instance, I've done a bunch of models where I was looking at things
like inverted Vs, where I constrained the height of the center, the
height of the two end supports, but allowed the spacing of the end
supports to vary (effectively putting more or less non-conductive string
inbetween the end of the V and the support).