Re: [TowerTalk] Roswell Tower Accident/double lanyard

To: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roswell Tower Accident/double lanyard
From: Jay Schwisow <jay@kt5e.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:28:42 -0600
Kelly and all,

I work with a double "twin leg" shock absorbing lanyard.  These come in
a variety of sizes but mine has 2" throat openings so I can easily
operate with one hand and get them on a leg of the tower.     This way I
am always connected to the tower.  Once I get where I need to work I
have another smaller positioning lanyard to keep me close in.

You can see this and others at www.tessco.com   Elk River 35416.  This
one is $300.00 but there are others with smaller openings for less ($150
or so).  I urge all not to get in a hurry  with this sort of rig.  It
takes a bit longer to go up and down a tower this way but there is a lot
of added safety.

Jay - KT5E