Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical
From: Jack/W6NF <vhfplus@bmg50.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 12:57:54 -0800
I've been using the 4-foot aluminum cammo support tubes (1-3/4 inch OD
and fairly thick wall) for some years now and they work fine for
1/4-wave 40-meter verticals. I have mine guyed only at the 32-foot level
with Dacron line. I am also using the cammo support tubes on a 48-foot
top-loaded 80-meter vertical guyed at two levels. At 48-feet, however,
the tubes are pretty flexible and not easy to erect without bowing
unless you use a gin pole. Once up and properly guyed they are fine in
any wind up to at least 80 miles-per-hour...based on my personal
experience here in northern Nevada.

73,

Jack, W6NF