Re: [TowerTalk] Radial wire and antenna spacing

To: 'Red' <RedHaines@centurytel.net>,TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial wire and antenna spacing
From: "Stone, Gary R." <Gary.Stone@med.va.gov>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 05:43:00 -0800
Hi,

I would like to add a question to this discussion.  I have about 1,000 feet
of some old telephone wire I bought in a yard sale.  It has 6 pairs of 22
gauge wire.  For radials, I had planned to NOT bother to untwist the
individual pairs and just lay them in the ground (a couple inches).  Is that
creating any problems?  Should I untwist the pairs (of course that would
give me twice the length overall) or is it fine to use a twisted pair as a
radial wire?

The roughly 6,000 feet of twisted pairs would be more than enough for my
antenna plans but I could untwist them if there is a good reason?

Thanks,

Gary, N5PHT