Re: [TowerTalk] How do I cut aluminum pipes?

To: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do I cut aluminum pipes?
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 11:31:24 -0800
I also use this technique.  None of the local stores
here including HD had 12" non-ferrous blades, so I got
one from McMasterCarr.  The "metal cutting" blades
that were available in local stores were for ferrous
metals only.  We have a band saw where I work.  The
blade tends to wander around especially on a large
piece like 4 inch diameter, it is very slooow.
My 12 inch miter saw works better and costs much less
than a band saw.  When you order the blade, also get
a stick of cutting wax for the blade.

Rick N6RK