Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor Rope

To: AD5VJ Bob <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anchor Rope
From: Jack/W6NF <vhfplus@bmg50.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:09:01 -0800
AD5VJ Bob wrote:
>  I am thinking in terms of the extendable masts of which I just acquired a 28
> foot telescoping mast. The other application would be
> for a 60 foot aluminum lattice tower I have just put together which I was
> planning on using for a vertical for 80 meters and/or a
> inverted L for 160 meters.
>
> The tower is light weight enough that after I assembled it once I grab it at
> the balance point I can pick it up and walk it across
> the yard by myself (and I am not a he-man).
>
> So sounds like it might work for either of these, I guess.
>
> Bob AD5VJ

Hi, Bob:

I use black Dacron line (mostly 3/16 to 1/4-inch sizes) for supporting
my verticals and inverted-L's, up to 48-feet with my top-loaded 80-meter
vertical, and have had good results. Some of the antennas have been up
for 5 years in all kinds of nasty weather and exposure to high-desert UV
rays with no apparent deterioration and no failures. All my antenna's
vertical sections are 1-3/4-inch thick walled cammo support tube. The
80-meter antenna is guyed at about 24-feet and at the top. All others
guyed near the top only.

73,

Jack, W6NF
Silver Springs, NV